среда, 22 августа 2012 г.

I guess that line applied to me...


Jul 6, 2011 12:21 PM


Surrounded by love


from Jasper Chen by Jasper Chen


The past week had been a lovely week, which coincidentally coincides with Valentines' Day: 14th Feb. Honestly though, before that I was faking it, asking my friends what's on Feb 14. Oh well...


Well it's not that I got a new date or anything, but I watched Juno last week and P.S. I Love You yesterday. Adding to that I attended a Valentines' Day forum held by Oogachaga called "A Shot at Love" (link). It was really insightful to hear others talk about their past, relationship dynamics, and dealing with being out of love. Very well organised and conducted, but yeah labels like "twinky boys" came up and some point... Haha I guess people can't really avoid using these labels can't they?


Juno was fantastic, just as critics said it was. The movie was rather slow paced, but it is the small details it paid attention to that developed emotions among audiences with the characters. Too bad that I heard it didn't really arouse interest among audiences because it wasn't exactly some Blockbuster movie.


P.S. I Love You got me thinking about a lot of things, and there are quite a few quotes in the movie that I loved a lot. Said by Patricia, Holly's mum, "So now, alone or not, you've got a walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too". I guess that line applied to me well, and I guess it sort of re-energised me to face it, because not every lucky one can live comfortably with someone they love. This is one of those romance movies that I have no regret watching; it surprisingly makes you feel better whatever your current romantic circumstances may be.


There it concludes my few days of being surrounded by love. I guess these movies and programs can be packaged into some "recovery class for people on the rebound" or something. Haha. That will be great isn't it?


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий